Hillmorton Teaching School Alliance was formed in 2017 with a vision of supporting schools predominately within Warwickshire.
Role of teaching schools
Teaching schools have an important role to play in a school-led system and school improvement. Teaching schools are centres of excellence, taking a more focused role that prioritises:
- co-ordinating and providing high-quality school-led initial teacher training (ITT)
- providing high-quality school-to-school support to spread excellent practice, particularly to schools that need it most
- providing evidence-based professional and leadership development for teachers and leaders across their network
In order to ensure a self-improving, school-led system, teaching schools are required to operate by the following principles:
Each teaching school alliance effectively delivers across all 3 areas of core activity: ITT; continuing professional development (CPD) and leadership development; school-to-school support.
In order to ensure credibility and high impact of all teaching schools, they must adhere to requirements set by NCTL and co-operate with necessary reporting processes.
System leadership and engagement
Teaching schools build an effective alliance of schools, and work strategically with other schools and providers within their regional and sub-regional networks to ensure every school can engage in school-led improvement.
Each teaching school is required to pursue continuous improvement supported by the peer review process in order to develop and achieve/sustain maturity of provision.
What do we offer?
Focused sessions, looking in detail at an aspect of practice — lots of opportunity for shared learning on many aspects of school and teaching school organisation, curriculum and enrichment.
Why do we work in this way?
- We have been welcoming a huge number of visitors to Hillmorton to come and see aspects of our practice in both our school and as a Teaching School Alliance. We want to make this experience for visitors more valuable and impactful, as well as ensuring it feels manageable for our staff team
- Seeing practice in action as well as having the theory/reflection is a more powerful approach to professional development and learning
- We have already hosted a large number of delegates and so we are offering a chance to revisit and build on some of that learning
- A small charge is made — this is to compensate the children of Hillmorton for the time that staff are spending supporting others. If the money is a barrier to you attending, please let us know!
Our Training Packages:
We offer a range of half day, full day and twilight sessions led by the Leadership Team and Hillmorton Staff on key areas of school development and pedagogy
Alongside our structured packages, we also provide bespoke sessions tailored to individual requirements of different schools and organisations.