The following principles underpin the vision for the national teaching school programme:
- A focus on the quality of teaching and leadership
- A progressive continuum of professional development provision from ITT to leadership
- A collaborative, school-led approach that sits within a more autonomous system
- A simple, non-bureaucratic and flexible approach
- A system that provides high quality training and development
- An outcome that provides value for money with the potential to become self-sustaining.
Our Key Principles for Working in the Teaching School Alliance.
We will have;
- A culture of openness, honesty and trust
- A shared moral purpose
- A commitment by all partners to improving outcomes for students through high quality teaching and learning
- Activities which directly impact on standards
- School based CPD and leadership development that has impact upon classroom practice and progress of pupils
- A self-improving school system
- A commitment to distributed leadership, leadership development and prioritisation of CPD
- A commitment to training an agreed number of trainees
- Solutions focused developments
- A rigorous focus on QA standards and progress.
The ethos and values accord with our vision to:
- Create a distinctive partnership of schools which is led by local people for local people
- Strengthen the partnership by valuing the uniqueness of our partner schools
- Foster a relationship where autonomy and accountability go hand in hand
- Share expertise and bring together best practice and the best practitioners
- Recruit, retain and develop the best teachers and future leaders locally
- Achieve efficiency savings for mutual benefit, in the procurement of goods and services.